When it comes to your special day, the choice of venue sets the stage for cherished memories. In Somerset, the options are abundant, each offering its own unique charm. To help you navigate this delightful county, we’ve curated a list of the top 20 wedding venues. Plus, with Jake Beamson Photography on hand to capture every moment, your wedding day will be a story told through breathtaking imagery.
1. The Orchard at Munsley (Taunton)
Nestled amidst picturesque orchards, this venue offers a rustic yet elegant setting. The charming barn and scenic landscapes provide a perfect backdrop for a romantic celebration.
Why Choose The Orchard at Munsley:
- Rustic Elegance: The blend of natural beauty and refined décor creates a magical atmosphere.
- Exquisite Catering: Indulge your guests with delectable, locally-sourced cuisine.
- Ample Accommodation: Comfortable lodgings for you and your guests to retire after the festivities.
2. Pennard House (Shepton Mallet)
This Georgian Manor House exudes timeless elegance, surrounded by stunning gardens and lush countryside. It’s an idyllic venue for a sophisticated and intimate celebration.
Why Choose Pennard House:
- Historic Grandeur: The regal interiors and manicured gardens offer a backdrop of timeless beauty.
- Bespoke Celebrations: The team at Pennard House works closely with couples to create personalised experiences.
- Luxury Accommodation: Pamper yourself and your guests in the luxurious bedrooms on-site.
3. St. Audries Park (West Quantoxhead)
Set within 100 acres of deer park, this magnificent manor house boasts breathtaking views of the Somerset coast. It offers a splendid blend of elegance and natural beauty.
Why Choose St. Audries Park:
- Spectacular Surroundings: The sprawling estate and views of the Channel provide an awe-inspiring backdrop.
- Exquisite Dining: Indulge in sumptuous cuisine tailored to your preferences.
- On-Site Accommodation: With 41 bedrooms, your guests can revel in comfort and luxury.
4. Brympton House (Yeovil)
A Grade I listed mansion, Brympton House combines history with modernity, offering a versatile and romantic setting for your celebration.
Why Choose Brympton House:
- Historical Splendour: The Georgian architecture and meticulously maintained gardens exude timeless charm.
- Tailored Celebrations: The experienced team at Brympton House helps you create a bespoke wedding experience.
- Accommodating Spaces: The venue offers a range of spaces to accommodate different aspects of your celebration.
5. Maunsel House (Bridgwater)
This enchanting 13th-century manor offers a fairy-tale setting with its moated grounds, secret gardens, and opulent interiors. It’s a venue straight out of a storybook.
Why Choose Maunsel House:
- Whimsical Ambiance: The magical gardens and historic features make for a captivating setting.
- Exclusive Use: Enjoy the entire estate exclusively for your celebration, ensuring privacy and intimacy.
- Luxurious Accommodation: The estate offers a range of beautifully designed rooms and cottages.
6. Quantock Lakes (Bridgwater)
Nestled in the heart of the Quantock Hills, this venue offers a tranquil and picturesque setting. With its lakeside ceremony space and modern barn, it’s a perfect blend of natural beauty and contemporary elegance.
Why Choose Quantock Lakes:
- Scenic Serenity: The stunning backdrop of lakes and rolling hills creates a serene atmosphere.
- Flexible Spaces: The venue offers both indoor and outdoor spaces, allowing for versatile celebrations.
- Accommodation Options: From glamping pods to cottages, there are various lodging choices for guests.
7. Dillington House (Ilminster)
Set within 900 acres of parkland, Dillington House is an elegant Georgian mansion. Its classical architecture and beautifully landscaped gardens provide a sophisticated setting.
Why Choose Dillington House:
- Historical Grandeur: The stately home and its gardens exude a sense of timeless sophistication.
- Versatile Spaces: With a range of rooms available, you have the flexibility to design your celebration.
- Culinary Excellence: The in-house catering team crafts menus using locally sourced ingredients.
8. Coombe Lodge (Blagdon)
Set in the heart of the Somerset countryside, Coombe Lodge is a stunning Edwardian manor. With its elegant interiors and beautiful grounds, it offers a luxurious and sophisticated setting for your celebration.
Why Choose Coombe Lodge:
- Edwardian Elegance: The grandeur of the manor and its exquisite features create an atmosphere of timeless beauty.
- Panoramic Views: The venue overlooks the Chew Valley, providing breathtaking vistas for your celebration.
- Dedicated Team: The experienced team at Coombe Lodge is committed to ensuring every detail of your day is perfect.
9. Hestercombe Gardens (Taunton)
A masterpiece of landscape design, Hestercombe Gardens offers a blend of formal gardens and wild countryside. It’s a venue where natural beauty meets refined elegance.
Why Choose Hestercombe Gardens:
- Garden Splendour: The meticulously designed landscapes provide a stunning backdrop for your celebration.
- Cultural Significance: The gardens hold a rich history, adding a layer of significance to your event.
- Versatile Spaces: From the Georgian manor to the contemporary Orangery, there are various options to choose from.
10. The Battleaxes (Shepton Mallet)
A quintessential English pub with a rustic barn, The Battleaxes offers a cosy and intimate setting. It’s perfect for couples seeking a relaxed and informal celebration.
Why Choose The Battleaxes:
- Intimate Atmosphere: The pub’s warm ambiance and charming barn create a welcoming space for your celebration.
- Gourmet Pub Fare: Enjoy delicious, locally sourced cuisine crafted by the venue’s talented chefs.
- Quirky Accommodation: The pub offers unique, themed rooms for a comfortable overnight stay.
11. The Longhouse (Bruton)
Situated on a family farm, The Longhouse offers a tranquil and picturesque setting for your wedding day. With its blend of rustic charm and modern facilities, it provides a versatile backdrop for your celebration.
Why Choose The Longhouse:
- Rural Beauty: Surrounded by rolling hills and countryside, The Longhouse offers a serene and idyllic atmosphere.
- Flexible Spaces: The venue features both indoor and outdoor options, allowing for a tailored celebration.
- Accommodation Nearby: There are plenty of charming cottages and B&Bs in the vicinity for guests to stay.
12. Holbrook Manor (Wincanton)
A Georgian country house nestled in the heart of Somerset, Holbrook Manor exudes elegance and sophistication. Its beautifully manicured gardens and stylish interiors provide a stunning setting for your special day.
Why Choose Holbrook Manor:
- Timeless Elegance: The Georgian architecture and tasteful décor create an atmosphere of refined beauty.
- Exclusive Use: Enjoy the entire manor and grounds exclusively for your celebration, ensuring privacy and intimacy.
- Luxurious Accommodation: Holbrook Manor offers a selection of elegantly appointed rooms for you and your guests.
13. The Crossways (North Wootton)
A boutique hotel with a blend of traditional charm and contemporary style, The Crossways offers a welcoming and intimate setting. Its relaxed ambiance and attentive service make it a delightful choice for a smaller wedding.
Why Choose The Crossways:
- Intimate Setting: The hotel’s cosy atmosphere and beautiful garden provide a relaxed backdrop for your celebration.
- Personalised Service: The dedicated team at The Crossways is committed to ensuring your day is exactly as you envision it.
- Gourmet Dining: The hotel’s restaurant offers a delectable menu for your wedding breakfast.
14. The Mount Somerset Hotel & Spa (Taunton)
A stunning Regency country house hotel, The Mount Somerset boasts exquisite gardens and luxurious interiors. It offers a perfect blend of opulence and tranquility for your wedding celebration.
Why Choose The Mount Somerset Hotel & Spa:
- Regal Splendour: The grandeur of the country house and the beauty of the gardens create a truly majestic setting.
- Exceptional Service: The dedicated team at The Mount Somerset is committed to delivering a flawless wedding experience.
- Spa Facilities: Treat yourself and your bridal party to a day of relaxation and pampering at the on-site spa.
15. The Walnut Tree Hotel (North Petherton)
Set in the heart of Somerset, The Walnut Tree Hotel combines historic charm with modern amenities. Its delightful garden and intimate function rooms provide a welcoming atmosphere for your celebration.
Why Choose The Walnut Tree Hotel:
- Historic Appeal: The hotel’s characterful features and well-maintained garden create a charming backdrop.
- Affordable Elegance: The Walnut Tree Hotel offers a range of wedding packages to suit different budgets and preferences.
- Comfortable Accommodation: The hotel provides cosy rooms for you and your guests to retire to after the festivities.
16. The Grange at Hewish (Weston-super-Mare)
A hidden gem in Somerset, The Grange at Hewish offers a secluded and enchanting setting for your wedding. With its elegant Georgian house and sprawling gardens, it’s a venue of timeless beauty.
Why Choose The Grange at Hewish:
- Secluded Splendor: The private estate and charming gardens provide a sense of intimacy and exclusivity.
- Historic Charm: The Georgian house exudes character and elegance, offering a picturesque backdrop for your celebration.
- Versatile Spaces: From the grand ballroom to the picturesque grounds, there are various options to suit your vision.
17. Yarlington Barn (Wincanton)
Set in the heart of the countryside, Yarlington Barn is a beautifully restored 14th-century barn. Its rustic charm and picturesque surroundings offer a romantic setting for your wedding.
Why Choose Yarlington Barn:
- Rustic Romance: The exposed beams and historic features of the barn create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Tranquil Countryside: Surrounded by rolling hills and farmland, Yarlington Barn provides a serene escape for your celebration.
- Bespoke Weddings: The team at Yarlington Barn works closely with couples to create a personalised and memorable experience.
18. Huntstile Organic Farm (Bridgwater)
For couples seeking a relaxed and eco-friendly celebration, Huntstile Organic Farm is an ideal choice. Set on a working organic farm, it offers a charming and sustainable backdrop for your wedding.
Why Choose Huntstile Organic Farm:
- Eco-Friendly Elegance: The farm’s commitment to sustainability and organic practices creates a unique and environmentally conscious celebration.
- Rural Beauty: Surrounded by fields and orchards, Huntstile Organic Farm provides a tranquil setting for your special day.
- Farm-to-Table Dining: Enjoy delicious, locally sourced cuisine that reflects the farm’s organic ethos.
19. Clevedon Hall (Clevedon)
This majestic Victorian mansion offers a blend of historic grandeur and modern luxury. With its stunning interiors and manicured gardens, Clevedon Hall provides a truly opulent setting for your celebration.
Why Choose Clevedon Hall:
- Victorian Opulence: The exquisite architecture and lavish interiors create a backdrop of timeless elegance.
- Luxury Accommodation: Clevedon Hall offers a range of beautifully appointed rooms for you and your guests to stay in.
- Exclusive Use: Enjoy the entire mansion and grounds exclusively for your celebration, ensuring privacy and intimacy.
20. Elmhay Park (Bristol)
Set in the heart of the Chew Valley, Elmhay Park offers a blend of historic charm and modern amenities. Its picturesque grounds and elegant spaces provide a versatile and enchanting setting for your wedding.
Why Choose Elmhay Park:
- Picturesque Setting: The tranquil lake and rolling hills create a stunning backdrop for your celebration.
- Flexible Spaces: From the grand hall to the outdoor terrace, there are various options to suit your vision.
- Dedicated Team: The experienced team at Elmhay Park is committed to ensuring every detail of your day is perfect.
Contact us now to learn more about our wedding photography services and how we can capture your special day in timeless imagery at any of these iconic wedding venues in Somerset.